To address energy engineering & power supply challenges in Southern Africa through creating innovative business opportunities linked to solar energy, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
TC Botha Pr. Eng
TC Botha is a professional engineer registered at the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA). TC holds a B. Eng industrial engineering degree from the University of Pretoria and a MBA degree from the North West University Business School. TC has 15 years of experience with specific focus in the field of energy engineering, energy project development, energy systems optimisation and financial modelling. Project specific experience includes:
- Design and installation of 35 engineering projects (Solar, water, back-up power, energy efficiency & power factor correction) locally and in neighbouring countries under the Blue Oceans Energy company name.
- Design review and optimisation for 250kW bush to electricity, renewable energy plant in Namibia.
- Energy audits on 25 sites (Kynoch, Tiger Brands, Colibri, Idwala Lime, CHEP) for the CSIR & NBI.
- Bankable feasibility studies and financial modelling for energy projects in Burundi & Sierra Leonne.
- Applications for Independent Power Producer (IPP) licences at NERSA and grid connections with Eskom for various renewable energy projects.
Estephan Smith is a trade qualified millwright specialising in the fitment and maintenance of heavy machinery and work on electrical systems. Estephan has been installing and maintaining energy projects with Blue Oceans Energy for 2 years.
Arrie le Roux
Arrie le Roux practised as a professional engineer at ArcelorMittal for 35 years. Arrie holds a BSc mechanical engineering degree from the University of Pretoria. Arrie’s professional engineering experience includes mechanical maintenance management for ArcelorMittal Vanderbijlpark Works, foundry management and project management for large scale furnace rebuilding projects internationally.